Sunday 4 January 2015

Lily's Reprieve (The Blackstone Trilogy Book 1) by Niki Savage

I have to confess I’ve never read a paranormal romance before and, it’s not a genre I would normally be drawn to, but I’m so glad I gave this one a go. Lily’s Reprieve is a page turner and I found myself unable to put it down. The first half of the book establishes the main characters and their relationship – world weary Aiden, who is immortal and been around since the eleventh century and his total opposite, Lily, a young woman who is almost unnaturally innocent and childlike due to spending most of her formative years battling serious illness. Aiden’s story is far-fetched and fantastical but it is a credit to Savage’s writing skills that it is completely believable within the context of the story. During the second half of the novel, a threat is introduced via a shadowy religious council, which lends much tension to the story and I found myself desperate to know what was going to happen to Aiden. If you enjoy romance and fantasy then you can’t go wrong with this book and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment